The Butler Elementary PTA was organized in 1975, the year Butler Elementary opened in north Arlington. We are a member of the Arlington Council of PTAs as well as Area 18 PTAs. Our meetings are held on the second Thursday of September, November, January and March at 7 p.m. in the Butler Elementary School cafetorium.
Our PTA Bylaws state that the purposes of Butler Elementary PTA are the following:
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
PTA Sponsored Events
Butler PTA supports our teachers, parents and students with the following events:
- Book Fair
- Butler Family Fun Run
- PTA programs, such as the Family Reading Night
- School Directory
- School Newsletter, published 4 times throughout the school year
- School Supply Pack sales
- T-shirts for Spirit Days
- Back to School Luncheon for Faculty and Staff
- Book Club
- Reflections Contest
- Popcorn & Fun Fridays